PREP: 10 MINUTES
These bendy melt-in-your-mouth gems are an incredible gluten-free, dairy-free, and low-carb alternative to traditional chocolate chip cookies.
- 2 tablespoons solid coconut oil
- 3 tablespoons pure maple syrup
- 1 large egg
- 1 teaspoon pure vanilla extract
- 2 cups Bob’s Red Mill almond flour or almond meal
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 cup peanut butter and mini dark chocolate chips + more for topping if desired (I use Sunspire Chocolate)
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees Fahrenheit. Line a baking sheet with parchment paper or a silicone mat. Set aside.
- Add the coconut oil and the pure maple syrup to a large bowl. If the oil is very hard, microwave for a few seconds until soft but not melted. Stir briskly with a whisk until the syrup and oil are mixed together – this may take a minute or two. Add the egg and vanilla and whisk together until combined.
- In a medium bowl, stir together the almond flour, baking soda, and salt. Add the flour mixture to the wet ingredients and stir together with a wooden spoon until combined. Stir in 1/2 cup chocolate chips.
- Scoop mounded tablespoonfuls onto the cookie sheet, spacing about two inches apart. Press down gently with your fingers to flatten slightly. Top each with a few additional chocolate chips, if desired.
- Bake until set and the edges are golden brown, 8-9 minutes. Remove from oven and let cool for about 5 minutes, then transfer to a wire rack to cool completely.
- Cookies keep well in an airtight container at room temperature for 4-5 days.
Yield: About 16 cookies, Serving Size: 1 cookie
- Amount Per Serving:
- Calories: 74 Calories
- Total Fat: 5g
- Saturated Fat: 2g
- Cholesterol: 12mg
- Sodium: 81mg
- Carbohydrates: 8g
- Sugar: 7g
- Protein: 1g