Cooking makes my heart go bi-bim-bap. As much as I love exploring new restaurants and hot spots around the city day in and day out, cooking is my true muse. Tonight I tried something new and whipped up vegetarian bibimbap with @morinutofu #morinu_partner #morinutofu #shelfstable
- 1 cup uncooked brown rice
- 1 teaspoon olive oil
- 1 cup carrots, cut julienne
- 1 cup zucchini, cut into matchsticks
- 1/4 pound shiitake mushrooms, thinly sliced
- 6 ounces fresh spinach
- 4 scallions, sliced
- 1/2 box of Mori-Nu Silken Tofu Extra Firm, baked or pan-fried tofu, cut into 1- to 2-inch squares
- 1 cup cucumber, cut into matchsticks
- pinch of crushed red pepper
- 2 large eggs
- Start cooking the rice according to package directions. In a small bowl, mix together all sauce ingredients.
- In a wok or large skillet, heat the olive oil over medium-high heat. Add the carrots and stir-fry for 2 minutes. Add the zucchini and mushrooms and stir-fry for another 2-3 minutes. Add the spinach, and stir-fry just until the spinach is wilted and tender, about a minute. Remove from heat and toss the vegetables with the tofu, cucumber, and a pinch of red pepper. Set aside vegetables, and fry 6 eggs over easy.
- To serve the bibimbap, place a scoop of rice in each bowl, top with some stir-fried vegetables, place a cooked egg on top and garnish with sliced green onions. Drizzle sriracha for a spicy kick and enjoy!